INAS 324 Squadron:
The Indian Navy commissioned a new Indian Naval Air Squadron 324 at eastern Naval Command.
- It will enhance the surveillance capability on the Eastern Seaboard.
- The unit is the Eastern Seaboard’s first Naval Squadron to use indigenously designed and built Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) MK III (MR) helicopters.
- It has been named “KESTRELS”, which are birds of prey and have good sensory capabilities, symbolising the aircraft’s and air squadron’s intended role.
- The Squadron’s insignia depicts a ‘KESTREL’ searching over vast blue and white sea waves, representing the Squadron’s integral Maritime Reconnaissance (MR) and Search and Rescue (SAR) role.
- Its equipped with ALH MK III helicopters which have state-of-the-art equipment which includes modern surveillance radar and electro-optical sensors.