Inaugural Meeting Of The Biotechnology Research And Innovation Council:
The inaugural meeting of the Biotechnology Research and Innovation Council (BRIC) Society, emphasized the need to define a “Bio-vision” for India.
- BRIC brings together 14 top science autonomous institutions under a unified platform to maximize the impact of biotech
- The BRIC Society aims to engage in public-private research partnerships, receive endowments from non-governmental resources, and maintain distinct research mandates for each of the 14 subsumed institutions under a common governing body.
- The “Zero Waste Life on Campus” program was also launched, promoting sustainability through waste management on BRIC campuses.
- This initiative aligns with Mission LiFE movement and is expected to strengthen collaborations among institutions while serving as a model for integrated waste management in the community.
- The Biotechnology Research and Innovation Council (BRIC) is an apex autonomous society operating under the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, in India.
- It was established with the aim of centralizing and unifying biotech governance across the country.
- The formation of BRIC involved the subsuming of 14 Autonomous Institutions (AIs) under its umbrella.