Indian Telegraph Right Of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021
The Central Government has notified the Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021.
- The rule aims to incorporate the provisions related to nominal one-time compensation and uniform procedure for establishment of Overground Telegraph Line in the Indian Telegraph Right of Way Rules, 2016.
- The amount of one-time compensation for establishment of an overground telegraph line will be a maximum one thousand rupees per kilometre.
- Right of Way (RoW): These amendments will ease RoW related permission procedures for establishment and augmentation of digital communications infrastructure across the country.
- Earlier, the RoW Rules had covered only underground Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) and mobile towers.
- Fees: There will be no fee other than Administrative fee and Restoration charges for establishing, maintaining, transferring or shifting the underground and overground telegraph infrastructure.