Amendment In Insurance Ombudsman Rules:
The government has amended insurance ombudsman rules.
As per the new rules:
- Insurance brokers are now covered under ombudsman rules.
- Policyholders are now allowed to file online complaints.
- The scope of complaints has been enlarged to ombudsmen from only disputes earlier to deficiencies in service on the part of insurers, agents, brokers, and other intermediaries.
- The ombudsman may use video-conferencing for hearings.
About Insurance Ombudsman:
- The Insurance Ombudsman scheme was created by the Government of India for individual policyholders to have their complaints settled out of the court system in a cost-effective, efficient, and impartial way.