Initiatives To Boost Electric Mobility:
NITI Aayog launched two significant initiatives —
- E-AMRIT (Accelerated e-Mobility Revolution for India’s Transportation) mobile application to raise awareness of electric mobility
- Report on Advanced Chemistry Cell Battery Reuse and Recycling Market in India (supported by UK’s green growth fund technical cooperation)
- Glasgow Breakthroughs ( launched at the COP26 climate summit): a series of actions across five key economic sectors that together represent more than 50% of global emissions.
- India is among 42 leaders to back and sign up for the UK’s Glasgow Breakthroughs.
- India is also a co-convener of the Glasgow Breakthrough on Road Transport, together with the UK and the US.
- It aims to make ZEVs (Zero Emission Vehicle systems) affordable, accessible and sustainable in all regions by 2030.
- India is the fifth largest and fastest growing vehicle market in the world, providing massive potential for electric vehicle uptake.