Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Bahadur:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid homage to Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Bahadur on his 115th birth anniversary.
- Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Bahadur : Birth: August 19, 1908.
- Dynasty: Maniyaka
- He was the last King of Tripura.
- He was a prominent royal figure who played a pivotal role in the modernization and development of the princely state of Tripura.
- His reign marked a transformative period in Tripura’s history, characterized by progressive reforms and visionary initiatives.
- He is popularly known as the Architect of Tripura due to his contribution to educational institutions.
- He established the Maharaja Bir Bikram College (MBB College) in Agartala, Tripura.
- Under his leadership, significant infrastructure projects were undertaken.
- Road networks, bridges, and public buildings were constructed to enhance connectivity and elevate living standards across the state.
- He built Tripura’s first airport at Agartala.
- He also set up one of the country’s first municipalities.
- He initiated land reforms, reserving vast tracks of land for Tripura’s tribal
- He established hospitals and medical facilities, ensuring accessible and quality medical services for the people of Tripura.