Nai Chetna-Pahal Badlav Ki Campaign:
The Ministry of Urban Development launches the “Nai Chetna-Pahal Badlav Ki”- A Community-led National Campaign Against Gender-Based Discrimination.
- Kerala also launched the campaign under the umbrella of the Kudumbashree Mission.
- Nai Chetna-Pahal Badlav Ki Campaign is a four-week campaign, aiming at equipping women to recognise and prevent violence and making them aware of their rights.
- Activities will be centred on the theme of ‘Gender equality and gender-based violence.’
- This will be an annual campaign focussing on specific gender issues each year.
- The focus area of the campaign this year is gender-based violence.
- This campaign will be implemented by all states in collaboration with Civil Society Organisations (CSO) partners, and actively executed by all levels including the states, districts and blocks, engaging the community institutions along with the extended community.
- The campaign will bring together all line departments and stakeholders to create a concerted effort in acknowledging, identifying and addressing the issues of violence.