National Air Quality Resource Framework Of India:
Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government inaugurated the National Mission on “National Air Quality Resource Framework of India (NARFI)”.
- NARFI has been developed by the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Bengaluru.
- The NARFI is an information mechanism to help decision-makers in government, municipalities, start-ups and in the private sectors to address air pollution issues in different climatic zones of India.
- Research-based audited Information and industry-oriented solutions will be shared in an easy-to-understand format.
- The short-term basic training modules tailored for different groups such as active ground level staff in government establishments, implementers, media and policymakers, would be an integral part of the framework.
- To help enrich communication and enhance general awareness, leading to self-mitigation.
- Modules: The NARFI will evolve around the following five modules:
- THEME-1: Emission Inventory, Air Shed, and Mitigation
- THEME-2: Impacts on Human Health and Agriculture
- THEME-3: Integrated Monitoring, Forecasting and Advisory Framework
- THEME-4: Outreach, Social Dimension, Transition Strategy and Policy
- THEME-5: Solutions, Public-Industry Partnership, Stubble Burning & New Technologies