Gen Next Democracy Network:
Indian Council for Cultural Relations’s (ICCR) ten days programme Gen Next Democracy Network concluded.
- Youth from democratic countries come to India under the Gen Next Democracy Network programme.
- During the programme, they get acquainted with India’s heritage, culture and functioning of Indian democracy.
- In the closing ceremony, 27 delegates from six countries- Ghana, Bangladesh, Peru, Nepal, Brunei and Norway shared their experiences of visiting India.
Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR):
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), is an autonomous organisation of the Government of India.
- The ICCR Headquarter is situated in New Delhi.
- It was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of independent India.
- It is involved in India’s global cultural relations, through cultural exchange with other countries and their people.
- The council also operates missions internationally, with established cultural centres in various countries.
- It also administers the Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding, established by the Government of India in 1965, whose last award was in 2009.