herSTART was recently launched by President of India, Draupadi Murmu.
- herSTART is an initiative implemented by the Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC).
- It is supported by the state government of Gujarat, the Central Government and the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) recognized it as key driving initiative of the Gujarat Startup Ecosystem in the States Startup Rankings Framework Report of 2022.
- The purpose of herSTART is to aid women-led startups to scale up.
- It will connect women-led startups with private and government platforms.
- It provides free online resources and training modules to aspiring women entrepreneurs in addition to a digital community and digital publication showcasing their success stories.
- It includes the herSTART Incubator (a startup incubator focusing specifically on women entrepreneurs and innovators) as well as herSTART Accelerator (a round-the-year accelerator programme for high-impact women-led startups).
- As part of herSTART, online and offline modes of engagements have been organized for over 15,000 women entrepreneurs.