National Curriculum Framework:
The Union Education ministry launched the National Curriculum Framework for foundational stage education of children in the three to eight years age group.
- The framework focuses on the ‘panchakosha’ concept – the ancient Indian emphasis on the body-mind connection.
- The NCF says its five parts are physical development (sharirik vikas), development of life energy (pranik vikas), emotional and mental development (manasik vikas), intellectual development (bauddhik vikas) and spiritual development (chaitsik vikas).
- It is an important step taken to implement the New Education Policy-2020.
National Curriculum Framework has four sections:
- the National Curriculum Framework for School Education
- the National Curriculum Framework for Early Childhood Care and Education
- the National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education
- National Curriculum Framework for Adult Education
- The National Education Policy 2020 (NEP 2020) is transforming education in India.
- It has set the education system on a path to delivering the highest quality education for all, with equity and inclusion.
- Amongst the most transformative aspects of NEP 2020 is the new 5+3+3+4 curricular structure which integrates Early Childhood Care and Education for all children of ages 3 to 8.