National Career Service Portal:
Around 35.7 lakh vacancies have been reported by employers on the National Career Service portal during the year 2022-23 compared to around 13 lakh vacancies in 2021- 22.
- National Career Service portal is one of the mission-mode projects under the umbrella of the E-Governance Plan.
- It was launched in the year 2015.
- It works towards bridging the gap between job-seekers and employers, candidates seeking training and career guidance and agencies providing training and career counselling by transforming the National Employment Service.
- It provides a host of career-related services such as dynamic job matching, career counselling, job notifications, vocational guidance, and information on skill development courses, internships and alike.
- The project is being implemented by the Directorate General of Employment, Ministry of Labour & Employment.