National AI Portal:
The ‘National AI Portal’, celebrated its first anniversary on 28th May, 2021.
- It is a joint initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY), National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and NASSCOM.
- NeGD: In 2009, NeGD was created as an Independent Business Division under the Digital India Corporation (a not-for-profit company set up by MeitY).
- NASSCOM: A not-for-profit industry association, is the apex body for the IT and IT-enabled products and services sector in India.
- It serves as a central hub for Artificial Intelligence (AI) related news, learning, articles, events, and activities, etc., in India and beyond.
About Artificial Intelligence (AI):
- It describes the action of machines accomplishing tasks that have historically required human intelligence.
- It includes technologies like machine learning, pattern recognition, big data, neural networks, self algorithms, etc.
- AI involves complex things such as feeding a particular data into the machine and making it react as per the different situations.
- AI is being used across different industries including finance and healthcare.
- As per a report by PwC, India reported a 45% increase in the use of AI, the highest among all countries, following the outbreak of the virus.