Two US officials have shown symptoms of a mystery illness that is linked to Havana Syndrome.
- In 2020, a report by the National Academies of Sciences (NAS), US found directed microwave radiation to be the plausible cause of the Havana syndrome.
- An increasing number of cases is being considered a mass psychogenic illness.
Mass Psychogenic Illness:
- Mass psychogenic illness is when people in a group start feeling sick at the same time even though there is no physical or environmental reason for them to be sick.
- They could think they’ve been exposed to something dangerous, like a germ or a toxin (poison).
In late 2016, a few diplomats from the USA and their employees had reported certain usual symptoms during their stay in Havana, Cuba.
- They experienced some odd physical sensations and heard peculiar sounds, after which they started feeling sick.
- The US had even accused Cuba of carrying out sonic attacks. But Cuba denied the accusations of the sonic attacks and refused awareness of any such illness or syndrome.
- Ever since many bodies and institutions have been researching the cause of the Havana syndrome and many plausible factors have been discovered to date.
- The symptoms of the syndrome include Nausea, Severe headaches, Fatigue, Dizziness, Sleep problems, Hearing loss.
- A few of those who had been affected more faced chronic issues like vestibular processing and cognitive problems.
- Direct Energy Weapon (DEW):
- They are a type of direct energy weapons, which aim at highly focused energy in the form of sonic, laser, or microwaves, at a target.
- They release electromagnetic radiations which cause sensations in the human body.
- Electromagnetic radiation heating the water in the human body makes a person feel dizziness and nausea.