National Contribution To Warming : India Ranking
The research published in the journal “Scientific Data’ ranked India fifth among the top 10 contributors to global warming.
Key Highlights of the Report:
- Top Contributor: The United States topped the list with its emissions causing 0.28°C (17.3%) of rise in temperature.
- China stood second and Russia took third place.
- India’s Position: Since 2005, India climbed to the fifth spot from the 10th.
- India is responsible for 0.08 degrees Celsius of warming from the 1850s through 2021.
- India’s emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4) and nitrous oxide (N2O) from 1851-2021 have resulted in 0.04°C, 0.03°C and 0.006°C of global warming over pre-industrial levels, respectively.