National Curriculum Framework:
Union Education Minister will be launching the Mandate Document of National Curriculum Framework (NCF) on 29th April, 2022.
- The National Education Policy (NEP), 2020 recommends the development of National Curriculum Frameworks (NCF) in four areas- School Education, Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE), Teacher Education and Adult Education.
- For providing inputs for the development of these, four curriculum frameworks, 25 themes based on the perspectives of the NEP, 2020 are identified under the three categories, viz.,
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Cross-cutting Issues
- Other important areas of NEP, 2020 focussing on systemic changes and reforms.
- The Mandate Document describes the development process of the NCF, its expected structure and objectives, and some of the basic principles from the NEP 2020 that will inform the development of the four NCFs.
- The NCF is being drafted through a collaborative and consultative process, starting from district to state level and then National level.
- The ‘Guidelines for Position Papers for the Development of the National Curriculum Framework’ is an integral part of this Mandate Document.