New Species Of Dwarf boa:
Scientists have discovered a new species of dwarf boa in the Ecuadoran Amazon and named it after an Indigenous activist.
- Dwarf boa belongs to the family Tropidophiidae living high in the cloud forests of northeastern Ecuador.
- The species is unusual for having a “vestigial pelvis” characteristic of primitive snakes and taken as evidence by some that snakes descended from lizards that lost their limbs over millions of years.
- Its habitat includes tropical piedmont and lower evergreen montane forests.
- The snake is alight brown in coloration with noticeable black blotches on the belly and muted blotches running down the back.
- Dark brown pigmentiaotn is found through the center of the head.