Osteo HRNet : AI-Based Framework
Researchers from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati have developed an AI-based framework called Osteo HRNet.
- This framework aims to revolutionize the assessment of Knee Osteoarthritis (OA) severity through the automatic analysis of X-ray images.
- The Osteo HRNet framework developed by the researchers at IIT Guwahati utilizes deep learning techniques to assess the severity of Knee OA.
- It incorporates the Kellgren and Lawrence (KL) grading scale, a widely accepted standard for classifying the disease severity.
- The framework harnesses the power of the High-Resolution Network (HRNet) to capture multi-scale features of knee X-rays, enhancing the accuracy of the analysis.
- The Osteo HRNet framework is poised to bring about significant advancements in diagnosing Knee OA.
- By automatically assessing the severity level of the disease, medical practitioners can make more informed decisions remotely, leading to more accurate diagnoses and tailored treatment plans.
- The framework’s ability to pinpoint the medically crucial areas further enhances its utility.