Performance Grading Index For Districts (PGI-D):
The 1st ever report on PGI-D for the year 2018-19 and 2019-20 was released to grade schools in Indian districts.
- Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL under the ministry of education)
- Importance: Will help prioritise interventions in school education
- It grades districts in 10 grades e.g. Daksh (>90 points ), Utkarsh (81-90%), etc.
- Data collection from Unified District Information System for Education (UDISE), National Achievement Survey (NAS) of NCERT, and Shagun portal of DoSEL.
- State achievers: Chandigarh (Top), Gujarat, Kerela, Delhi
- District achiever: Sikar, Jhunjhunu and Jaipur