Pre-Summit Meeting Of Tiger Range Countries:
India has hosted the Pre-Summit meeting of Tiger Range Countries (TRCs).
- The Tiger Range Countries Summit is scheduled to be held at Vladivostok, Russia on 5th September 2022.
- In January 2022, the 4th Asia Ministerial Conference on Tiger conservation was held.
- India’s National Tiger Conservation Authority has also decided to introduce guidelines for the reintroduction of tigers that can be used by other Tiger Range Countries.
Highlights of the Meeting:
- The meeting was attended by 12 tiger range countries except for China and Indonesia.
- There are 13 Tiger Range Countries (TRC): India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Lao PDR (People’s Democratic Republic), Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Russia, Thailand, Viet Nam, China and Indonesia.
- India is committed to bringing all potential tiger habitats within the country under the tiger reserve network.
- The meeting aims to finalise the declaration on tiger conservation to be adopted at the Summit.