At the National Conference of State Tourism Minister, the “Dharamshala Declaration” was adopted for developing “sustainable and responsible tourism” and positions India as a “global leader in the tourism sector by 2047”.
- India is ranked 54th/117 countries on the latest WEF Travel and Tourism Development Index.
- Its current contribution is 6.8% of the Indian GDP
- Creates over 39mn jobs
- Draft National Tourism Policy: Targets to achieve USD 1 Trillion by the sector in 2047.
- Ministry of Tourism: National Strategy for sustainable tourism and responsible traveller Campaign
- Schemes: PRASHAD, NIDHI 2.0, Swadesh Darshan etc.