Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme For Drone Industry:
Union Cabinet has approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Drone Industry.
- The PLI Scheme for the Drones and Drone components industry addresses the strategic, tactical and operational uses of this revolutionary technology.
- The total amount allocated for the PLI scheme for drones and drone components is INR 120 crore spread over three financial years.
- The incentive for a manufacturer of drones and drone components shall be as high as 20% of the value addition made by her.
- The Government, has agreed to keep the PLI rate constant at 20% for all three years, an exceptional treatment given only to the drone industry. In PLI schemes for other sectors, the PLI rate reduces every year.
- The Government has agreed to widen the coverage of the incentive scheme to include developers of drone-related IT products also.
- The PLI for Drones and Drone components industry, will over a period of three years, lead to investments worth ₹ 5,000 Crore, increase in eligible sales of ₹ 1500 crore and create additional employment of about 10,000 jobs.