Sangathan Se Samriddhi:
Ministry of Rural Development’s Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) launched “Sangathan Se Samridhhi– Leaving no Rural Woman Behind”.
- Campaign is a national campaign under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Samaveshi Vikaas
- Aim is to mobilize 10 crore women from vulnerable and marginalized rural households under the Self-Help Group (SHG) fold.
- Currently, 9 crore women already part of the SHG movement
- Benefits is sharing by SHG champions, mobilizing eligible women, training new SHG members, reviving defunct SHGs, and opening SHG bank accounts
- SHGs are small informal groups of 10-20 individuals, mostly women from similar social and economic backgrounds, who come together to form a group for mutual support and help.
- SHGs encourage members to save regularly, and these savings are then pooled to provide loans to members for various purposes such as starting a small business, paying for their children’s education or medical expenses, etc.