Shanghai Organisation Corporation (SCO) : Dialogue Partners
SCO added Kuwait, UAE, Myanmar and Maldives as dialogue partners.
- The SCO is a permanent intergovernmental international organization.
- It’s a Eurasian political, economic and military organization aiming to maintain peace, security and stability in the region.
- It was created in 2001.
- The SCO Charter was signed in 2002 and entered into force in 2003.
- The SCO’s official languages are Russian and Chinese.
- Prior to the creation of SCO in 2001, Kazakhstan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan were members of the Shanghai Five.
- India and Pakistan became members in 2017.