SIPRI : Annual Assessment
The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) has released its annual assessment, highlighting the increase in nuclear weapons as countries pursue force modernization and expansion plans.
- Nine nuclear-armed states USA, Russia, UK, France, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel. USA and Russia possess almost 90% of all nuclear weapons
- Deployed Nuclear Warheads is USA (Largest number)> Russia> France > UK
- Total Inventory of Nuclear Warheads Russia is (Highest total inventory)> USA> China
- Countries with No Deployed Nuclear Warheads are India, China, Pakistan, North Korea and Isreal
- India’s Nuclear Warhead Stockpiles is Total: 164; India and Pakistan are Expanding nuclear arsenals and the Development of new types of nuclear delivery systems
- The decline in Nuclear Warheads Primarily due to the dismantling of retired warheads by the USA and Russia
- Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (HQ: Solna, Stockholm, Sweden; est. 1966) is an independent international institute based in Stockholm.
- It provides data, analysis and recommendations for armed conflict, military expenditure and arms trade as well as disarmament and arms control.