Trade Infrastructure For Export Scheme (TIES Scheme):
The central government has released Rs 206 crore to states for the promotion of exports under the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) initiative.
- Under the TIES, financial assistance for 27 export infrastructure projects have been approved during FY 2019-20 to 2022-23.
- Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry launched the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) in 2017.
- After delinking the Assistance to States for Development of Export Infrastructure and Allied Activities (ASIDE) Scheme in 2015, the State Governments had been consistently requesting the support of the Centre in creation of export infrastructure.
- To assist Central and State Government agencies in the creation of appropriate infrastructure for the growth of exports.
- The scheme can be availed by States through their implementing agencies, for infrastructure projects with significant export linkages like Border Haats, Land customs stations, quality testing and certification labs, cold chains, trade promotion centres, export warehousing and packaging, SEZs and ports/airports cargo terminuses.
- The Central Government assistance for infrastructure creation will be in the form of grant-in-aid, normally not more than the equity being put in by the implementing agency or 50% of the total equity in the project.
- In the case of projects located in North Eastern States, Himalayan States including UT of J&K, Ladakh this grant can be up to 80% of total equity.