VAIBHAV Fellowships Programme:
The Government of India has launched a new fellowship programme to connect the Indian Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM)diaspora with Indian academic and R&D institutions.
- The fellowship would be awarded to outstanding scientists/technologists of Indian origin (NRI/OCI/PIO) who are engaged in research activities in their respective countries.
- The VAIBHAV Fellow would identify an Indian Institution for collaboration and may spend up to two months in a year for a maximum of 3 years.
- The government offers the researchers an amount of INR 4,00,000 per month for the entire period.
- Aim is Improving the research ecosystem of India’s Higher Educational Institutions by facilitating academic and research collaborations between Indian Institutions and the best institutions in the world.
- This is done through the mobility of faculty/researchers from overseas institutions to India.
- Researchers from institutions featuring in the top 500 QS World University Rankings will be eligible for the fellowship.
- The applicant must have obtained Ph.D./M.D/M.S degree from a recognized University.