An Indian Army contingent comprising troops from 7/8 Gorkha Rifles is participating in the multilateral strategic and command exercise ‘Vostok-2022’ which commenced at the training grounds of the eastern military district in Russia.
- The exercise also includes participation by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army.
- The exercise is aimed at interaction and coordination amongst other participating military contingents and observers.
- The exercise is scheduled to be held from Sept. 01 to 07.
- Russia has stated that Vostok-2022 will be conducted in two phases.
- Participating contingents include observers from the Collective Security Treaty Organisation, the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) and other partner states.