DMP-MoPR: Important Points:
The Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj released the Disaster Management Plan of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj (DMP-MoPR).
- DMP-MoPR has been prepared with a larger perspective of community-based planning starting from Village to District Panchayat level.
- Under the Plan, every Indian village would have a “Village Disaster Management Plan” and every Panchayat would have their Disaster Management Plan.
- The aim is to build disaster resilience at the grassroots level among the Panchayats and establish a framework to align the disaster management measures in rural areas to that of the National Disaster Management Authority.
- It incorporates many innovations in addition to being in compliance with Disaster Management Act 2005, National Disaster Management Policy 2009, and guidelines issued by National Disaster Management Authority.
- It comprehensively covers areas such as:
- Institutional arrangement for Disaster Management.
- Hazard Risk, Vulnerability and Capacity Analysis.
- Coherence of Disaster Risk Management across Resilient Development and Climate Change Action.
- Disaster Specific Preventive and Mitigation Measures-Responsibility Framework.
- Mainstreaming of Community Based Disaster Management Plan of Villages and Panchayats and so on.