World Health Day 2023:
Every Year on 7th April World Health Day is celebrated. The date of 7 April marks the anniversary of the founding of World Health Organisation in 1948.
- World Health Day was conceived at the First Health Assembly in 1948 and it came into effect in 1950.
- It is celebrated annually and each year it draws attention to a specific health topic of concern to people all over the world.
- Theme for 2023: Health for All
- To mark the occasion of World Health Day on April 7, a health camp and a flash mob was organized to create awareness on non-communicable diseases (NCD) among the public.
- World Health Day aims to raise awareness about global health issues, promote health equity by addressing disparities, encourage collaboration among stakeholders, and highlight progress in improving health outcomes worldwide.
- This includes educating people on the importance of good health, providing access to healthcare services, and reducing the burden of diseases in disadvantaged communities and low- and middle-income countries.