Supreme Audit Institutions (SAls) Of G20 countries:
The Comptroller & Auditor General of India (CAG) will chair SAI20 – the Engagement Group for Supreme Audit Institutions (SAls) of G20 countries in Goa.
- The SAI20 Engagement Group of G20 was established in 2022 during Indonesia’s Presidency of the G20.
- The constitution of SAI20 stems from a recognition of the role of SAIs in –
- Promoting the efficiency, accountability, and transparency of public administration, and supporting SDG implementation.
- Promoting intergenerational equity and addressing climate change concerns.
- Two priorities for SAI20 deliberations: Blue economy and responsible Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- The global annual value of the blue/ocean economy is ~$2.5 trillion.
- About 90% of global trade by volume [75% by value] is carried out through sea routes.
- Preparation of technology-driven tools to assess authorised development in coastal stretches and track marine water quality.