World Hearing Day 2023:
World Hearing Day is observed every year on March 3 to raise awareness about hearing care.
- The World Health Organization chose the theme “Ear and hearing care for all” for World Hearing Day 2023.
- It highlights the importance of integrating ear and hearing care within the primary healthcare ecosystem.
- It seeks to promote training and skill development in this area to help countries achieve the objective of universal health coverage.
- The scheme is implemented under the National Health Mission of Government Of India which works to rehabilitate persons suffering from deafness.
- The programme also works to develop institutional capacities in the country related to ear care.