Today’s Current Affairs: 12th Feb 2024 for SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc
International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2024:
- The International Day of Women and Girls in Science, celebrated annually on February 11th
- The official theme for the International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2024 has not yet been announced.
National Deworming Day 2024:
- National Deworming Day is an annual initiative in India launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to address the issue of soil-transmitted helminthiasis (STH) among children.
- The National Deworming Day will be celebrated on February 10th, 2024.
Loan to tackle flood and erosion risk along Brahmaputra river:
- The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $200 million loan to strengthen flood and riverbank erosion risk management along the 650-kilometer (km) long main stem of the Brahmaputra river in Assam.
‘Sportsman of the Year’ at Sportstar ACES Awards 2024:
- India cricketer Mohammed Shami claimed the ‘Sportsman of the Year (Team Sports)’ honor at the Sportstar ACES Awards 2024 held at the Taj Mahal Palace.
World Sustainable Development Summit in Delhi:
- The Summit was organized by ‘The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI).
Neeraj Chopra was honored by Swiss tourism:
- India’s Olympic and world champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra has been honored with a plaque at the famous Ice Palace at Jungfraujoch, known as the ‘Top of Europe’, in Switzerland.
First Northeastern State To Restore Old Pension System:
- Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang has announced the restoration of the Old Pension System (OPS) for state government employees appointed on or after April 1, 2006.
- As reported, Sikkim is now the first state in the Northeast to implement this significant decision.
Pathum Nissanka Smashes Sri Lankan Records with Historic Double Century:
- Pathum Nissanka etched his name in Sri Lankan cricket history, by becoming the first-ever player to score a double century in One Day Internationals (ODIs) for the nation.
IRS Officer Narendra Kumar Yadav Leads the “Fit India” Movement as Brand Ambassador:
- This groundbreaking choice highlights the diverse paths to fitness and challenges us to rethink what it means to be a role model for a healthier India.
Telangana To Establish AI Hub, Make Internet A Basic Right:
- Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan made groundbreaking announcements during her address to the joint session of the legislature, outlining the state government’s ambitious agenda for digital inclusion and technological advancement.
ADB and Government of India Sign $200 Million Loan for Brahmaputra River Project:
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $200 million loan to enhance flood and riverbank erosion risk management along the Brahmaputra River in Assam, India.
- This project aims to build on previous successful initiatives and address the persistent challenges of flooding and erosion in the region.