6th Rashtriya Poshan Maah : Theme
The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD) is celebrating the 6th Rashtriya Poshan Maah throughout September 2023.
Highlights About Poshan Maah 2023:
- The focus is on comprehensively addressing malnutrition using a life-cycle approach, which is a key component of Mission Poshan 2.0.
- The main objective is to raise awareness about critical life stages, including pregnancy, infancy, childhood, and adolescence, in order to promote better nutrition across India.
- Theme: ‘Suposhit Bharat, Sakshar Bharat, Sashakt Bharat’ (Nutrition-rich India, Educated India, Empowered India), emphasising the importance of nutrition, education, and empowerment in building a healthier and stronger country.
- During this month-long event, the MoWCD will lead nationwide efforts to raise awareness about nutrition, focusing on key themes such as Exclusive Breastfeeding and Complementary Feeding.
- These efforts include activities like:
- Swasth Balak Spardha (Healthy Child Competition) to encourage healthy competition for better nutrition and overall well-being.
- Poshan Bhi Padhai Bhi (Nutrition and Education), improving nutrition through Mission LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment), sensitising tribal communities about nutrition, and addressing anaemia through a Test, Treat, Talk approach.
- It is a flagship initiative by the Government of India (GoI) for addressing malnutrition comprehensively.
- This integration aims to create an integrated nutrition support program that enhances the content, delivery, outreach, and overall outcomes of nutritional services.
- The primary focus is on promoting practices that improve health, wellness, and immunity against diseases and malnutrition.