8th Dakar International Forum On Peace And Security:
Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muraleedharan has recently attended the 8th Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security in Africa.
- This is the first time that India participated at the Ministerial level in the event.
- It was formerly known as the Dakar Peace and Security Forum.
- It annually brings together many African Heads of State and Government, international partners, as well as multiple actors of Peace and Security.
- It was launched during the 2013 Élysée Summit organized by France.
- The first edition of the forum was held in December 2014 in Dakar under the high patronage of Macky SALL, President of the Republic of Senegal.