ISRO successfully launches SSLV-D2
ISRO’s Small Satellite Launch Vehicle SSLV-D2 carrying EOS-07, Janus-1 and AzaadiSAT-2 satellites was successfully launched from the Satish Dhawan Space Station, in Sriharikota.
- AzaadiSAT-2 has been developed by about 750 girl students across India.
- They contributed to the design and construction of the satellite built by Chennai-based startup Space Kidz India.
- The girls received training both online and, in some cases, in-person.
- Experiment materials were sent to these girls and they were guided on how to use it.
- “SpaceKidz developed basic and simple experiments that students can learn and assemble with the simultaneous support of their science teachers.
- It aims to measure various health data like temperature and reset count from 75 student experiments installed inside the satellite.