Aymanam : Model Responsible Tourism
Aymanam is a model Responsible Tourism (RT) village in Kottayam (Kerela), where about 80% of the work – including accommodation, food and community tours, is being managed by women
- Responsible Tourism is about “making better places for people to live in and better places for people to visit.”
- Responsible Tourism requires that operators, hoteliers, governments, local people and tourists take responsibility, and take action to make tourism more sustainable.
- It is a part of the Kerala government’s initiative to create a women-friendly tourism network in the State.
- It will redress the gender balance in the tourism sector by showcasing women’s talent.
- Turn the village into a hub of women-friendly destinations
- It will give women an equal voice in the tourism
- Help empower women at the grassroots level by highlighting what they do and sell.