Bharat Mandapam : International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC) complex, which has been christened Bharat Mandapam.
- This monumental project, developed as a national endeavor at an estimated cost of approximately Rs 2,700 crore, aims to showcase and promote India as a global business destination.
- During the grand opening ceremony, Prime Minister Modi unveiled two remarkable items – the G-20 coin and G-20 stamp.
- The significance of these unveilings reinforces India’s growing role in international affairs, solidifying its position as a key player in global economic and diplomatic arenas.
- The IECC complex sprawls across an extensive campus area of approximately 123 acres, making it India’s largest Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions (MICE) destination.
- The convention centre is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including multiple meeting rooms, lounges, auditoriums, and an amphitheater, designed to host large-scale international exhibitions, trade fairs, conferences, and prestigious events.