Prime Minister recently pitched for sharing India’s AI-based language platform, Bhashini, with SCO member countries to remove language barriers within the international grouping.
- Digital India BHASHINI, is India’s Artificial Intelligence (AI)-led language translation platform.
- It seeks to enable easy access to the internet and digital services in Indian languages, including voice-based access, and help the creation of content in Indian languages.
- It aims to make Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing (NLP) resources available in the public domain to be used by — Indian MSMEs, startups and individual innovators.
- This will help developers to offer all Indians easy access to the internet and digital services in their native languages.
- This online platform also has a separate ‘Bhasadaan’ section which allows individuals to contribute to multiple crowdsourcing initiatives, and it is also accessible via respective Android and iOS apps.