Bindeshwar Pathak Passed Away : Founder Of ‘Sulabh International’
The founder of ‘Sulabh International’ Bindeshwar Pathak passed away. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1991.
- Sulabh International was founded in 1970 by Dr Bindeshwar Pathak.
- HQ: New Delhi.
- Objectives: to achieve equitable sanitation and hygiene for all.
- It has been at the forefront of the Government of India’s flagship Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (Clean India Campaign) with a focus on ending open defecation.
- It stresses adopting a gender-inclusive approach in its intervention programmes.
- It has been awarded the Gandhi Peace Prize for 2016.
- ‘SULABH MUSEUM OF TOILETS’, was rated by Time magazine as One of the 10 unique museums in the world.