British Academy Book Prize:
India-born author Nandini Das was named the winner of the 2023 British Academy Book Prize.
- British Academy Book Prize was formerly known as the Nayef Al-Rodhan Prize.
- It was established in 2013.
- It was established to reward and celebrate the best works of non-fiction that demonstrate rigour and originality and have contributed to public understanding of other world cultures and their interactions.
- The British Academy is the UK’s national academy for humanities and social sciences.
- The eligible books come from the subjects that fall within those disciplines, from archaeology, history, and psychology to philosophy, languages, and cultural studies.
- Nandini Das who is a Professor in the English faculty at the University of Oxford, won the award for her book ‘Courting India: England, Mughal India and the Origins of Empire’
- The winner gets the £25,000 prize cash award, and each of the shortlisted works will receive £1,000 each.