Christopher Luxon : New Zealand’s Prime Minister
Christopher Luxon sworn in as New Zealand’s prime minister.
- The swearing-in ceremony was presided over by Governor-General Cindy Kiro.
- New Zealand, an island country in the South Pacific Ocean, the southwesternmost part of Polynesia.
- It lies more than 1,000 miles (1,600 km) southeast of Australia, its nearest neighbour.
- The country comprises two main islands—the North and the South Island—and a number of small islands, some of them hundreds of miles from the main group.
- The North Island of New Zealand has a ‘spine’ of mountain ranges running through the middle, with gentle rolling farmland on both sides.
- The central North Island is dominated by the Volcanic Plateau, an active volcanic and thermal area.