Corbet Tiger Reserve : All Construction activities Banned
The Supreme Court recently banned all construction activities in the core areas of tiger reserves national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
- A Supreme court-appointed panel noticed that illegal constructions for the establishment of a tiger safari were being done within the buffer area of Corbett Tiger Reserve in Uttarakhand.
Corbet Tiger Reserve:
- It is located in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand. This reserve encompasses the Patli Dun valley.
- The Ramganga, Sonanadi, Palain and Mandal, and Kosi rivers form the prominent hydrological resource for the Corbett.
- The core area of the reserve contains the Corbett National Park and the Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary is part of its buffer area.
- Flora: The trees which contribute to the Flora of Corbett consist of evergreen Sal and its combined trees, the Sheesham, and the Kanju found extensively on the ridges.
- Fauna: Tiger, Leopard, Elephant, Hog deer, spotted deer, Samber etc.