Kawal Tiger Reserve:
The Kawal Tiger Reserve is going to host its first ever ‘Bird Walk’ on February 12 and 13.
- Kawal is home to a rich diversity in flora and fauna with more than 300 species of birds, and over 600 tree species with different forest compositions.
- The reserve is located in Telangana.
- The reserve is the oldest sanctuary in the northern Telangana region of the state.
- This sanctuary is catchment for the rivers Godavari and Kadam.
- The sanctuary is one of the richest teak forests in the state, with dense pristine areas free of human disturbance.