Cybersecurity Skills Development Campaign : Microsoft
Microsoft has introduced a cybersecurity skills development campaign in 23 geographies, including India, to address the alarming shortage of internet security professionals.
- By 2025 there will be 3.5 million cybersecurity jobs available globally, representing a 350% increase over an eight-year period, as per Cybersecurity Ventures.
- By that time, India alone is estimated to have almost 3.5 lakh cybersecurity job positions waiting to be filled, both in the private and public sectors.
- Cyber crimes in India caused Rs 1.25 trillion loss in 2019.
- Cyber threats will continue to increase as the country starts developing smart cities and rolling out 5G network, among other initiatives.
- There are only a few Indian companies who are making some of the cyber security products and there is a big vacuum in the sector.