Khadi Fashion Show:
A mega ‘Khadi fashion show’ was organised by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in Rann of Kutch/ Kachchh.
- This mega event was the first such event of KVIC to establish new dimensions of the Khadi brand all over the world.
- The government of Gujarat holds a three-month long festival known as ‘The Rann Utsav’ every year.
- The Rann of Kachchh is a salt marshy land in the Thar Desert in the kachchh district of western Gujarat.
- It lies between Gujarat in India and the Sindh province in Pakistan.
- It is famous for its white salty desert sand and is reputed to be the largest salt desert in the world.
- The inhabitants of Kachchh are called Kachchhi and have a language of their own with the same name.
- Most of the population in Rann of Kachchh comprises of Hindus, Muslims, Jains and Sikhs.