e-Chhawani Portal Launched:
The Defence Minister of India, Rajnath Singh, has launched the e-Chhawani portal
- With the launch of this portal, the residents of Cantonment areas can now register their complaints with respect to civic issues.
- The portal would also help in resolving the complaints regarding the civic issues from home.
- This portal will work with the objective of refining the system and improving the Ease of Living for people.
- The e-Chhawani project was launched with the aim of providing online municipal services for more than 20 lakh citizens.
- The services would be provided across 62 Cantonment Boards using the multi-tenancy central platform.
- The portal can be used to fill online application for renewal of leases and for getting the online registration of births and deaths.
- It can also be used to fill online applications for water and sewerage connections in a simpler manner.
- The cantonment board is a civic administration body.
- It functions under the Ministry of Defence in India.
- The board is constituted of the elected members, ex-officio members, and nominated members in accordance with the Cantonments Act, 2006.
The cantonments are categorized into four categories:
- Category I – where the population exceeds 50,000.
- Category II –where the population stands between 10,000 to 50,000.
- Category III – where the population stands between 2500 to 10000
- Category IV – where the population stands below 2500.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking