Extended Reality (XR) Startup Program:
The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), and Meta have recently announced the list of 120 startups and innovators for the Extended Reality (XR) Startup Program.
- The XR Startup Program is a collaboration between Meta and MeitY Startup Hub (MSH).
- Aim is to accelerate India’s contribution towards building the foundations of the metaverse and nurturing the development of Extended Reality (XR) technologies in India.
- It includes two segments namely; an Accelerator and a Grand Challenge
- The Accelerator will nurture and foster 40 early-stage startups working with XR technologies through a well-designed 6-month program.
- Each startup will get access to many benefits, including a grant of ₹ 20,00,000, mentorship by industry experts and researchers, access to a network of potential strategic partners and investors, technology and infrastructure support, and opportunities to participate and present at relevant industry events.
- The Grand Challenge is aimed at supporting early-stage innovators to upscale from the R&D phase to developing workable prototypes and Minimum Viable Products (MVPs).
- It will encourage early-stage innovators in sectors like Education, Learning and Skills, Healthcare, Gaming and Entertainment, Agritech & Climate Action and Tourism & Sustainability.
- It will include 4 sector-specific challenges to advance the XR technology ecosystem in India.