Researchers have discovered one of the planet’s rarest Pallas cats for the first time in the Mount Everest Region.
- The Pallas’s cat, also known as manul, is a small wild cat, perfectly adapted to the harsh conditions typical of its habitat.
- Naturally secretive, it is rarely seen and little known.
- Habitat: Wide but fragmented distribution throughout montane grasslands and steppes of Central Asia.
- Its core populations are in Mongolia and China.
- Conservation status : IUCN Red List: Least concern