FAME India Phase II:
50 Electric Buses launched in Delhi with support under FAME India Phase II scheme of the Ministry of Heavy Industries.
Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India Phase II (FAME India Phase II):
- Implementing agency: Department of Heavy Industry.
- Objective is to Promote Electric and hybrid vehicle in the country by offering upfront Incentive on purchase of Electric vehicles and by establishing charging Infrastructure for electric vehicles.
- The scheme with total outlay of Rs 10,000 Crores over the period of three years (2019-20 to 2021-22) will be implemented with effect from 1st April 2019.
- This scheme is the expanded version of the present scheme titled ‘FAME India1 which was launched on 1st April 2015, with total outlay of Rs. 895 crores.
- Target is to support 10 Lakhs e-2Wheeler, 5 Lakhs e-3Wheelers, 55000 4Wheelers and 7000 Buses.
- Under the scheme of FAME-II, the demand incentive for e-2W has been increased to Rs. 15,000/KWh from Rs. 10,000/KWh with an increase in cap from 20% to almost 40% of the cost of the vehicle to increase the adoption of e-2W.
- The phase II of FAME-India Scheme has been extended for a period of two years after 31st March 2022.